Are you a Python / Django developer looking for your next big challenge?
Something where you can really make a big contribution, take ownership, and lead?
All while working to solve real problems in a large market with a small, scrappy team?
If that's you...
Supplios is a still-small (but growing!) startup in Copenhagen focused on improving how manufacturing companies manage their supply chain and work with their suppliers. It's a major problem at almost any manufacturing company -- and all the supply-chain messes of the last couple years have brought it to the forefront.
Manufacturing companies use our platform to both run supply-chain things internally, but also to interact with their suppliers via our turn-key hosted supplier portals. It's a fun challenge to build for both types of users.
We are looking for an experienced Python developer (ideally with full stack experience) to take over dedicated responsibility for our entire back-end stack. Django experience is preferred, but if you're an experienced Pythonista, that's good enough.
Our current stack uses Django on the backend, mostly serving up a REST API for our VueJS based front-end. Celery / Redis / Postgres are the other main backend pieces. Everything is dockerized, and infrastructure is on AWS. That's what we have today, but we will look to you to steer us in the right direction for the future!
About the ideal candidate:
- Proven real-world experience building enterprise-grade SaaS products -- including architecture, development, deployment, and maintenance.
- A Python pro -- Django experience is great, but not specifically required.
- A strong personal preference towards working in a small team and "startup environment" where everyone wears many hats, iterates quickly, welcomes customer input (which sometimes changes), and thrives without rigid structures.
- Willingness to take on DevOps responsibilities, at least for now. (Our current infrastructure is not complex... and we'd like to keep it that way)
- Full-stack experience -- at least enough to make smart architecture decisions for overall tech stack.
- A practical mindset.... knowing what is "good-enough" considering limited time / people / and customer feedback.
- Very willing to roll-up your sleeves and do the work. We are still small and very capital efficient, and need a team of do-ers!
- Many years of experience or formal degrees are not required. If you feel that you have the right kind of experience and are ready for the challenge, then contact us!
Why this job is super awesome:
- You get to take ownership of a whole project. A big juicy one with lots of moving parts. You will own the backend architecture (and heavily influence overall tech stack), infrastructure decisions, future technology roadmap, and more.
- Very flexible working hours. We prefer to meet in person (in Copenhagen) a couple times a week because that's awesome for brainstorming, white-boarding and giving high-fives, but otherwise working remotely (and during non-typical work hours) is OK.
- Your software will get used immediately, by real people, in real businesses, solving real problems... and they will love it.
- Help grow a team! We'll obviously be growing over time... and as one of our early hires, you'll get to help with that -- taking a leadership role if that's what you want.
- We're a startup -- get in early and help us build something awesome!
Sound interesting? Apply now and let's chat!